Blog Post #1 - Celebrity Slaps
In this blog post, I will be sharing my thoughts on Will Smith and Chris Rock Oscar's situation that took place on March 27th, 2022.
I do believe celebrities should be held to a higher standard. While it can be stressful for them, celebrities are public figures that have numerous people of various ages around the world supporting them and because of this celebrities have a higher standard to meet so they appear as good people to look up to. Although this situation may have had a comedic impact on the world it also had a negative impact on the reputations of the celebrities involved and their supporters. The younger fans of the two involved can be influenced by the poor choice of words and actions made that night and think it was the right thing to do since a famous celebrity did it.
My opinion on the Oscar's situation is that although it was rather humorous and certainly had an impact on social media it is also disappointing to see the actions of both these celebrities. Truthfully, I understand why Smith slapped Rock since the joke made was both out of pocket and rude but surely there should have been another way to go about the situation. After the mishap, that is definitely an Oscar's to remember even though it is rather unfortunate it will be remembered for that reason.
If a celebrity I admired did something similar to this I would be a bit disappointed in them as they know they have many fans of different ages and should not be going to violent extents just in case it influences those with younger minds.
I do not believe celebrities should be held to higher accountability when it comes to situations like this because after all, they are still human beings who make mistakes just like everyone else. They should be able to recognize their wrongdoings and do better to learn from what they did and ensure that they do not cause another similar situation.
My final thoughts on this on the celebrities involved are disappointed in both of them and I hope they do not continue this behaviour but instead learn and grow from their mistakes.
Comments
Post a Comment